Read and follow the instructions below or download a PDF copy.
- The morning of your procedure, take your regularly scheduled medication, including your heart and blood pressure medication, with sips of water.
- If you are on the following medications, please contact the office nurse for further instructions. It may be necessary to consult your Primary Care Physician. These medications include: Insulin, Seizure medication, Coumadin, Plavix or other blood thinners, or tranquilizing medication.
- Blood work will need to be done within 30 days or at least 3 days prior to the day of your procedure (with the exception of recent blood thinner use, then please contact your physician).
- You will need a script or a lab order called in for PT, PTT and platelets.
- The results must be received by Ohio Gastroenterology Group, Inc. prior to your procedure.
- Nothing to eat after midnight the night before your procedure.
- Nothing to drink 6 hours prior to your procedure except for sips of water with your medication(s).
DAY OF PROCEDURE
- Arrive 1 hour before your procedure time. Unless scheduled at Mount Carmel East, then arrive 2 hours before.
- Bring a list of your medication(s). A nurse will be asking questions about your health history prior to the procedure.
- Plan to be at the facility at least 2 hours.
- Remember to make arrangements for someone to drive you home.