Anorectal Manometry Preparation
This test is completed by a nurse and measures the muscle strength in the anal canal.
Read and follow the instructions below or download a PDF copy.
How it is done
- A small tube will be inserted into the rectum. There is a small balloon on the end of the tube.
- Once it is placed into the rectum, the balloon will be inflated in intervals in order to measure pressures throughout the testing.
- The test will take about 45 minutes.
How to prepare
- There are NO dietary restrictions.
- No sedation is given, so you do not need a driver.
- Please complete 2 fleet enemas (sold over the counter) 2 hours prior to your test.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled time.
- Test results will be given to you by your physician at a later date. Please allow 7 – 10 days for test results.