Read and follow the instructions below or download a PDF copy.
- Please remain on your blood thinners. However, if you take blood thinners and you are having this procedure because of difficult swallowing or for stricture dilation, please call our office as soon as possible.
- If you are using INSULIN – please contact your prescribing physician for instructions.
- If your doctor requires you to take antibiotics, or if you have a heart valve replacement or implantable defibrillator, please contact our office for further instructions.
- On the day of your procedure, at least 2 hours prior to your arrival time, take your regularly scheduled medications with sips of water, including heart and blood pressure medications.
DAY OF THE PROCEDURE
- Nothing solid to eat after midnight the night before your procedure. Clear liquids only.
- Do not take any pain medications or use marijuana.
- Nothing by mouth (including clear liquids) 2 hours prior to your arrival time.
- Arrive 1 hour before your procedure time.
- Bring ONLY your insurance cards, photo ID and a list of your current medications. We are not responsible for personal items.
- Do not wear any jewelry, watches or contact lenses. They will need to be removed.
- Plan to be at the facility at least 2 hours.
- Make arrangements for someone to be with you to drive you home. For your safety, Taxicabs, Ubers and city bus cannot be used to get home.
- We require someone be with you at the time of discharge so the doctor and nurses can explain the findings and follow-up care that will be needed.